Hi 3/4 Vikings,
I'm excited for the season to start! Two quick notes below about pre-season practices and volunteer roles. Take a look, and let me know what you can volunteer for and if you have any questions. Can't wait to get out onto the field with our players!
Just wanted to check in briefly as the pre-season gets underway. You should've gotten emails already about pre-season practices. We'd love to have as many players there as possible to get ready for the season. I won't be able to make it until the regular season practices start on Tues 2/25, but Coach James and Coach Paul will be working with 3/4 during the pre-season.
Parent volunteer roles
There are a few key volunteer roles we'll need to fill to make everything run smoothly this season. Most have two slots so you can alternate with another parent. Please shoot me an email and let me know which role you can help out with!
- Snack coordinator (x1): Create a signup list and make sure we've got a family signed up to bring snacks to each game.
- Field setup (x2): During practice, set up cones for different drills.
- Sub coordinator (x2): During games, stand with subs on the sideline and get the next players ready to sub in.
- First aid (x2): During games, check in with players who get bumps/scrapes, give ice packs/band aids, etc.
- Scorekeeper (x2): Record game score and some basic stats
- Drill support (x2): During practice, stand next to drill stations, encourage players and help them stay focused. (NO lacrosse experience necessary. ALL drills will be explained. It just helps to have a positive adult presence next to some stations so we can rotate through drills)